Reading time: 2 minutes
To celebrate design in all its forms, Hotel Indigo gives you the chance to showcase your local design favourites and win hotel nights!
What are the Discover Unique Awards?
Travel is all about discovering the lesser known, getting inspired by the uncharted. That’s why each Hotel Indigo is designed to immerse guests in the neighbourhood it’s in, making each unique.
Join in the Discover Unique Awards: upload one or more photos of your favourite local designs (stylish item, cool place, local art or craft piece…) and get a chance to win one of two free nights at Hotel Indigo York and Hotel Indigo Warsaw!
What are the prizes?
The best two submissions will win a night in either Hotel Indigo York or Hotel Indigo Warsaw! Explore a new destination on us, and venture into the 6 different room designs the two hotels offer, all based on their respective neighbourhoods, from industrial chic to chocolate-making traditions.
How do I share my photo(s) to participate?
Share it between 14th September 2017 and 15th October 2017 on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter by:
- Facebook: Upload your photo(s) as a comment to this post announcing the competition on the Hotel Indigo Facebook page
- Twitter: Upload your photo(s) as a normal tweet, containing the hashtag #DiscoverUniqueAwards and @HotelIndigo
- Instagram: Upload your photo(s) as normal, with the hashtag #DiscoverUniqueAwards and @HotelIndigo (make sure your account is public – or if private, message it directly to @HotelIndigo)
What type of local design can I upload?
Anything local and stylish works. It could be:
- your fave quirky (and locally-made) cushion,
- your neighbouring coffee shop’s lampshades,
- an elaborate window shop in your neighbourhood,
- a cool chair,
- great finds from your local car boot sale,
- a piece of art you have at home…
And many more! If it’s local and you find it great, it works.
For instance, the rooms at Hotel Indigo York feature custom-made baking-tray lamp shades inspired by the city’s long tradition of chocolate-making, while the ceilings of Hotel Indigo Warsaw reflect the city’s mix of baroque and ultra-contemporary architecture.
How are winners chosen?
The best photos of local design features will be rounded up by our specialist jury headed by Henry Reeve, Head of Design for Hotel Indigo, and displayed here. The two talented winners will be contacted through the platform used to submit their photo (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram).
Love the legalese stuff? Read on for the full terms & conditions.
Want a bit of inspiration?
Each city moves to its own unique heart beat. Whether you live in the country side, and want to show case the rustic beauty of local design, or in London and have fallen in love with the geometric jungle, inspiration is everywhere.